FREA Legislative Priorities
1. Support legislation designed to provide adequate and
equitable finding for public education
2. Advocate for an annual 3 percent Cost of Living Adjustment for all
members of FRS.
3. Monitor the FRS Trust Fund, especially for:
a. Attempts to divert FRS funds prescribed by Florida Constitution
b. Management of the FRS Trust Fund for security and profitability of
c. Legislation to fully fund the Florida Retirement System.
4. Work to insure that new hires have the opportunity to choose
between a pension (defined benefit) and an investment (defined
contribution) retirement plan.
5. Maintain the FRS Health Insurance Subsidy (HIS Trust Fund and
work to acquire additional increments to maintain parity with the
increasing cost of health insurance.
6. Support all legislative efforts to make affordable, quality health care
and the ability to plan for long financial security available for all
If you have any questions, contact George Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org