Florida Retired Educators Association 2018 Legislative Priorities
1. Support legislation designed to provide adequate and equitable funding for every student.
2. Protect the Florida Retirement System (FRS) Trust Fund, especially
a. from attempt to divert FRS funds from the purpose prescribed by the Florida Constitution and Statutes
b. for management of FRS Trust Fund for the security and profitability of its investment
c. for legislation to fully fund the Florida Retirement System
3. Work to inform new hires about the advantages of choosing the Defined Benefit Retirement Plan (pension) for career school employees.
4. Advocate for an annual 3 percent Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for all members of the FRS.
5. Support all legislative efforts to make affordable, quality health care and the ability to plan for long term financial security available for all Americans.
6. Maintain the Florida Retirement System Health Insurance Subsidy (HIS)
Trust Fund and work to acquire additional increments to maintain parity with the increasing cost of health insurance.
7. Establish working relationship with groups and agencies that share Florida Retired Educators Association legislative priorities and goals.
If you have any questions, contact George Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org